Winter Favorites: 9 Stunning Shrubs and Trees
The dreary depths of winter can make the landscape feel void and desolate. But it is also one of the longest seasons of the year. So why put the garden completely to bed when you could have brilliant foliage and textures? Here we share 9 of our favorite winter trees and shrubs that shine brightest in the darkest depths of winter.
1. Globe Blue Spruce, Picea pungens ‘Globosa’
2. Quaking Aspen, Populus tremuloides
3. Green Velvet Boxwood, Buxus ‘Green Velvet’
4. Rhododendron, Rhododendron sp.
5. Astilbe, Astilbe chinensis
6. Little Lime Hydrangea, Hydrangea paniculata
7. Redtwig Dogwood, Cornus sericea
8. Dawyck Purple Beech, Fagus sylvatica ‘Dawyck’
9. Little Devil Ninebark, Physocarpus opulifolius ‘Little Devil’
Interested in incorporating plants like these into your landscape? Now is the perfect time to plan for new plantings and spring is the best time to install so they can reach maturity by next winter. Our team of designers and horticulturalists can help you choose the right location for year round health and interest. Breaking Ground operates throughout the Omaha metro area as well as Gretna, Fremont, Valley and Bennington. Contact us for a free design/maintenance consultation.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]